Versatile, patented tool for optimizing the rider´s rein control. Available in two different widths (please select when ordering).
Used materials: stainless steel, natural rubber, webbing; weight (without straps): 114 Grams
Advantages of Optihand Evolution:
The aim of a good training in equestrian sports is – next to a correct seat – the sensitive and empathetic rein aid. Many riders desire an improvement of their rein aids, but mistakes that they have grown accustomed to very often are persistent and corrected with great difficulty.
Optihand Evolution presets a steady and even rein movement as well as upright fists. As a result, the rider can sense the correct motion pattern and observe the – usually positive – reaction of his horse. The rotating handles clarify how to correctly give and take the reins.
Use of Optihand Evolution:
Optihand Evolution is most effectively used to detect problematic motion patterns during riding lessons. Used this way, it produces sudden insights that can be achieved with much more difficulty on the basis of merely verbal communication. However, it is not intended for continuous use, since riding is a very dynamic sport and it makes little sense to permanently restrict the mobility of the rider´s hands. It has proved to very helpful if the rider, after temporarily using Optihand, imagines to be still using it. Experience has shown that after some time the rider will revert unconsciously to his old faults. Then the trainer should remind him of the feeling achieved with this riding aid. In this way a rapid progress can be achieved.
Naturally, it takes time to adjust to the unfamiliar way of giving aids, but after some minutes as a rule horses work much more willingly due to the hand giving aids much more steadily and evenly. This convinces most riders quickly of the usefulness of the tool, even if in the beginning they were very skeptical.
Of course, among advanced riders the straps included in the delivery are not intended for holding onto but are useful to prevent the tool from falling down, e.g. while tightening the girth. It can be helpful for less experienced riders to use Optihand Evolution strapped to the saddle to maintain their balance and to get used to the correct hand position from the very beginning.
Hand Correction for Advanced Riders:
- Serves initially to become aware of faulty hand position and rein aids.
- Then gives positive impulses for feeling and internalizing correct motion patterns.
- Helps to learn riding with an “empathetic”, sensitive rider´s hand.
- Rotatable handles demonstrate how the fists should correctly be turned in and out while shortening/lengthening the reins.
Optihand Evolution combines the learning effects of traditional correction aids all in one product (e.g. rein bridge, sticks in hands, riding crop under the thumb etc.)
Protection of the horse´s mouth while beginning to ride with reins:
- Prevents pulling on the reins and thus hurting the horse´s sensitive mouth when the rider loses his balance.
- Helps less experienced riders to stabilize their balance quickly if needed.
- The straps connecting the handle to the saddle can be lengthened as the level of training progresses.
Schooling of the rider´s seat in lunge lessons:
- For riding novices serves as a handle and to stabilize until they can sit unaided and balanced.
- Upright fists, correct hand position and angled elbows are trained simultaneously.
- Impedes downwards facing position of the hands and rounded back that are often the result of “traditional” method of holding onto the saddle strap.
- However, we recommend Optihand Basis for the first lunge lessons, since this tool provides an even more secure support than Optihand Evolution.
Major difference between Optihand Basis and Optihand Evolution:
- Optihand Basis is fixed to the saddle by means of two adjustable straps with hooks. Therefore, this tool offers a great vertical and horizontal stability to the novice rider.
- Optihand Basis does not have rotatable handles, since in the very beginning of the learning process these are not needed.
- Optihand Basis is not suitable for advanced riders, as at more advanced stage of training the rider needs a more flexible hand. Therefore, Optihand Evolution should be used in such cases to convey the right feeling for the rein aids.
- Optihand Evolution consists of a U-shaped construction made of stainless steel with soft padded handles; Optihand Basis is a sturdy wooden handle.
Detailed Information about both Optihand Tools:
Optihand Evolution can be delivered in two different sizes, e.g. for adults/children or if a somewhat wider distance between the hands holding the reins is desired.
Optihand Basis helps beginners to internalize the correct position of the hands right from the start. Since novice riders need to hold onto something during their first lunge lessons, they are often told to take the saddle strap. But this necessarily results in a downward facing position of the hands. The low position of the saddle strap also promotes an undesirable rounded back and a tendency towards a chair seat. When using Optihand, the rider has something to hold onto and simultaneously learns to hold and position his hands correctly. This positioning also promotes an upright, balanced seat.
Later, during lunge or riding lessons, when starting to ride with reins in hand, inexperienced riders can easily lose their balance and unknowingly start pulling on the reins, hurting the horse´s sensitive mouth. This can be avoided by using Optihand. The straps fastened to the saddle with hooks enable the rider to stabilize himself quickly and regain his balance. They can be lengthened throughout the course of the learning process until Optihand is no longer needed.
Advanced students who have developed bad habits in the hand position and in the use of the reins (such as pulling rhythmically from left to right and vice versa, hands facing downwards etc.) can also benefit from using Optihand. The handles rotate so that the student can specifically train the giving and taking of the reins by twisting the handles in an upright position and with relaxed wrists. The soft, rubbery padding can convey even more subtle rein aids by gently pressing the hands. Very often, riders do not notice how much they bother their horses with hand movements that are too strong, unilateral or otherwise incorrect. In such cases Optihand can give valuable impulses if used for demonstration or correction purposes for short intervals during riding lessons and lessons schooling the rider´s seat. In most cases it is much more effective to feel the correct motion pattern than to get a mere verbal correction.
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- OPTIHAND Video Anfänger
- Über Zügelhilfen und was beim Lernen hilft
- OPTIHAND Video Fortgeschrittene
- Further products by innoHorse
Sehr interessant und hilfreich. Ich verwende es in meinen "besser sitzen" Kursen und bin begeistert, nachdem ich es intensiv verwendet habe um dementsprechende Anweisungen geben zu können. . Alle " Testpersonen" hatten einen Aha-Effekt.
Sinnvolles Hilfsmittel zur Schulung der Reiterhand
Als Trainerin, aktive Turnierreiterin und Mami einer Nachwuchsreiterin bin ich immer auf der Suche nach Möglichkeiten, um den Reitschülern den Weg zum richtigen Sitz zu erleichtern. Aus eigener Erfahrung in der Jugend kann ich ein Lied davon
singen, wie lange es dauert um falsch oder nie Erlerntes wieder zu korrigieren. Deswegen habe ich für meinen Unterricht nun „Optihand Evolution „ - Die Lernhilfe für eine feine Reiterhand entdeckt und bereits getestet. Dieses Produkt von der InnoHorse GmbH hat mich absolut überzeugt. Im Einsatz für den Reitanfänger oder auch für den fortgeschrittenen Reiter/-in ist es sehr hilfreich und effektiv.
Ich werde dieses Produkt nun regelmäßig im Unterricht einsetzen.
Super Idee um den Reiter immer wieder auf die richtige Zügelführung hinzuweisen
Auch für Fortgeschrittene Reiter sehr zu empfehlen, da sich auch hier sehr viele Fehler bei der Zügelführung einschleichen können. Man wird durch Optihand immer wieder daran erinnert wo die Hände sein sollten. Eine rückwärts wirkende Hand ist hiermit nicht mehr möglich und man merkt wie oft man in manchen Situationen doch dazu neigen würde "am Zügel zu ziehen". Meine Pferde haben alle sehr positiv auf das Reiten mit Optihand reagiert und es ist immer wieder eine lehrreiche Erfahrung!
Wirkt und hilft
AlsReitlehrerin kämpfe ich ständig gegen rückwärts wirkende Hände... teilweise echt frustrierend. Deshalb wollte ich das "Ding" mal testen. Es funktioniert überraschend gut, auch wenn manche Schüler zuerst nicht begeistert waren.